Thursday, September 10, 2009

PT and making bread


Lisa the therapist and Aiden


Aiden is going to physical therapy for his neck. Poor bug. He doesn't understand and he DOESN'T like it... at all. His neck muscles were pinched during the very long 32 hour labor when he was stuck in one position. We are working diligently to get him to look to his left. Anyway, our therapist, Lisa is darling and very understanding when he cries and screams, kicks and jabs. We will go for another month and see where he is after that. Aiden slept like a log for the rest of the day after his therapy appointment. MOM LOVED IT!!


Making bread at the Smeds.


How did I get to be 31 (shh.... don't tell anyone my real age...) and not know how to make bread? Let me tell you - I am the youngest of many children. By the time I got to be the age when most young women learn to do domestic things like cooking from scratch, my mother had cooked and cleaned her entire life and, frankly was tired. We had the daycare then and were also catering weddings 2 or 3 nights a week. We were all tired. But, therefore, I never learned to make bread. Now, I can make bread in the bread machine like no one's business. But from scratch - hmmm... that is another story.

Kari was showing her girls how to make bread on Wednesday morning and asked if I would like to come and learn. It was so fun. The bread was great, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment