I LOVE baseball. Live, televised, little-league, whatever. So, last night's opening game of the World Series is my own personal heaven. I was cooking last night and watching the game. My sister was at home watching the game with her family and we were texting back and forth. The following conversation ensued:
Me: Are you enjoying the game?
Kari: Mmhmm. Cept we don't really like either team. We just want the Phillies to beat NY because we really don't like NY worser.
Me: I kinda want the Yankees to win just because they lost to the Red Socks 2 years ago and I hate those dirty socks. Especially the red ones.
Kari: No, you have to NOT like the Yankees or your son will marry an ugly girl.
Me: That's okay if she's rich. :)
Kari:You would let your son marry an ugly girl who like the loser New Yorkers? SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!!
Me: Like I said, she can like whichever team she wants as long as she is rich and is nice to my son. As long as she is not a Rockies Fan. (That was for Breanna's benefit who loves the Rockies so much this year...)
Kari: Well go ahead a like the Yankees when you are not talking to the Smedley household, but don't say you like them around us. Because any of my kids could beat you up.
Me:Yeah, but I can sit on them. Guaranteed.
Kari: Like who you want, and we will send sumbliminal messages to your son to grow up and be a Yankee Hater! Okay, not a hater, but a Yankee-not-liker.
Me: Oh, yeah? You wouldn't dare! This is the last time I let you watch my son! By the way, can you watch him again tomorrow while I go to work...you can tell I am really worried.
(After the game is over... and the Yankees were spanked on their own home turf...)
Me: Stupid Baseball.
No comments:
Post a Comment