Today is overcast and brisk and windy and... perfect. I love the day. I wish I was a better photographer to truly capture the beauty of today. I love the way the wind infuses everyone with rosy cheeks and breathes life into those faces. It is the season of closing down of the year, but it is still so full of life. The lethargy of summer has passed and once again, we are ready to be active. This is the time of work for our ancestors - the gathering, hunting, harvesting, readying for the long winter ahead.
I suddenly need to be domestic at the onset of fall. I want to a bake spiced apple things... and put a roast in a slow cooker with big potatoes and carrots. And I want to snuggle my smiling son and watch his cheeks get rosy in the late afternoon walks among the leaves.
Soon winter will descend and we will want to cozy in, but for this moment, we will embrace fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment