Sunday, November 29, 2009

Holy Night








What a wonderful day! Tonight, we went to Temple Square to see lights. It was busy, but beautiful. Cold, but marvelous. Aiden was in awe looking at the lights. The temple was beautiful. I was so excited because my son really enjoyed it and we got a really great parking spot.

I love watching my son enjoy these things for the first time. What a beautiful time of year. I love Christmas.

While I was there, I met someone I had known a while ago. Her mother was a woman I took care of while I was director at an Alzheimer's house. Her mother was 39 when she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease and she had three very small children and was recently divorced. Well, fast forward 17 years... I took care of her and she was very severe at age 56. She didn't speak at all, but giggled when she was not crying. I learned from her daughter today that she passed away in May. What a wonderful, bittersweet blessing. How sad... how happy... just bittersweet. I loved her and her family so much.

It makes me realize that I have touched lives in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment