One year ago today, I went to the doctor after a very long week of waiting. It was confirmed that the in vitro was successful and I had a baby on the way. Oh, what a difference this year has made. Looking back, I would not have changed a thing. I realize that the stress throughout the pregnancy was to prepare me for what was ahead and point my life in a direction to truly love being a mom.
One year ago today, Chris (my brother), Michael (my nephew), Amanda (his wife), and Gracie (their baby), went to MacCools to celebrate. I remember that I had the Potatoes Au Gratin and we sat and talked until Gracie's bedtime. That crew, Charlee, Steph, Justin, and Kari were my cheerleading squad then and still are now. I love them all.
I didn't think could let my professional life go when I had a baby, but when the company I was working for shut down, I didn't have much of a choice...and that was quickly followed by the doctor saying there would be many many problems with Aiden.
So, when Aiden was born, he was much healthier than I expected and the job that I worked at was part time, but paying enough for our needs.
God has a way of knowing what we need and preparing us - some times in a way we don't think is helpful.
I wouldn't trade this life for anything, no matter how stressful. To celebrate today we are going to feed the duckies at the park. Mom even saved up special bread to be able to go. The simple things in life are truly free...
No comments:
Post a Comment