Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Why is it so hard to remember?

Why is it so hard to remember what it takes to have joy in your life?  Tonight I was able to play with my son for a very long time, take a nice loooooong nap with him, and have more fun.  The things that bring him joy should bring all of him joy.  He giggled at the following:


  • Hi, Buddy!  (said over and over to him)
  • Gerber Ham covered in peaches (Ewwwwww....)
  • Waking up and grabbing my nose that resulted in Mom saying "beep, beep!"
  • Banging the rattle on the high chair
  • Watching Sheriden (my cello student) play her cello
  • Having the peaches dribble down his chin
I think as adults we take things too seriously.  While there are parts of life that should be taken seriously, the majority of the self-imposed drama in our lives are - in the end- vastly unimportant.  I have overheard a group of women talk about how they didn't receive bread from their neighbor for Christmas and were offended.   People at work are full of unimportant name calling and finger pointing.  


I have the opportunity to come home and see the pure, raw simple joy of life wrapped in a little bundle I call Aiden.  Then I think about all the things I have stressed about all day that are very, very mundane. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment