Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hearts and Teeth

Happy Valentines to Me!

Today was a good day.  More dental work.  Dustin put a post in my tooth.  He is such a good dentist.  I almost fell asleep during this root canal.  That is truly the sign of a good dentist.   Aunt Jodi watched little Aiden and was so cute with him.  Their little girls are so fun with him.

When I came home, I found that my Valentines gift to myself had been delivered.  This necklace is pretty, isn't it?  Well, besides beautiful, it has wonderful symbolism.  It is a heart (of course) of real rubies for Valentines Day and to celebrate the love of my life - my beautiful son, Aiden.  The heart comes to a point and has a pearl there.  That is Aiden's birthstone and since he probably will never wear pearl jewelry, I thought I would take that opportunity.  The necklace is not large, but it is priceless.

For those who think this is extravagant, let me tip you off to my dirty little secret:  bidz.com.   Very pricey jewelry that you bid on.  This same necklace is sold at Zales for $109.00.  I bid and won for $6.00 plus shipping.  For a little over $11, I bought a beautiful keepsake that will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment