Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Nine month checkup

Okay, for anyone needing to catch up, I LOVE my pediatrician, Dr. Martini.  She is hilarious and is quite possibly the most caring, loving, interactive doctor I have ever known.  That is why I will continue to drive to Salt Lake to see her for as long as I can.

So, here are the specs on little man:

Height: 27 1/2 inches (25th percentile)
Weight: 17 lb 14 oz (10th percentile)

Yes, he is tiny and under weight.  He is eating well.  He is just tiny.  He started tiny and the doctor is not concerned.  She thinks he is "a riot" and she is so very pleased that he is NOT crawling since his surgery is in 15 days.  (I know, I know, 15 days... it is so sad.  The countdown has started.)

BUT!  Today, she commented on how big his hands and feet are.  I said, "He has good cellist hands."  Dr. Martini looked at me really funny and said, "are you a cellist?"  "Yes, I am"   She said, "SHUT UP!!!  Me too!!"  I guess she played in college and high school and still "farts around" (her words, not mine...) with it.

So, the next 30 minutes we talked about cellists, Jacqueline du Pre, Dr. Martini's two daughters who are violists and pianists, respectively, and how she spent $200 on tickets to see "Yo Yo Ma and his crappy Appalachian Songs crap tour."

Aiden also had his shots and was the saddest little man you have ever seen with this little cry that made my heart ache.  But he got two cool blue chamo bandaids.  Mom got her heart broken by the bottom lip trembling.  Poor baby.
The bandaids for his shots!


Snuggling in for a long winter's nap... with his best buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment