My office... sorta
I work at a company that is very small. 3 employees on a good day, 1 employee (me...) on a very, very bad day. A little background... my company is in healthcare and is owned by two very happy, ethical men with zero healthcare experience. Thus, they hired me.
The weight of this company inevitably lands on my shoulders and through everything, the owners are grateful. Have you ever had that boss... Cruella Deville-like horror day after day after day? Well, I have. The people you hate seeing, but can do nothing about because he (or in my case she) signs your paycheck.
But these guys are so very grateful. They tell me that every day. One phone call from each of them nearly every day telling me how much they appreciate me.
So, today in an early morning meeting, I was informed that June 10th is Becki Biddulph Appreciation Day. They had streamers, goodie bags, and banners. They sent me home with 4 cases of Diet Dr. Pepper, Gobstoppers, my favorite gum and a certificate. Yes a certificate.
So, with a sick baby, I was able to have a really great day. I am appreciated at work - and have an official day to prove it - and I have a wonderful reminder of a great two weeks in a wonderful place with wonderful people.
No comments:
Post a Comment