Last night, after work, I went to the temple. The last session I had done was two weeks before I delivered Aiden. It has been a long time. I haven't felt right about leaving Aiden for an extra two hours or so in the past year, but last night my life needed a big spiritual boost from the Lord. I maniacally drove from work to the temple, talking on the phone, arranging patients, marketing, directing the company. I rushed to get dressed and rushed to the chapel of the temple. When I sat down, I had no cell phone, no companion, no where to be except right there. It was overwhelming to be so quiet.
After the session, I was able to sit in the Celestial Room for a very long time. I cried like a child, prayed like a condemned man, and just felt the peace of being focused.
I was able to go home with peace in my heart, patience in my demeanor, and a reminder that God knows me and is charge of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment