My little man has been sick. Really sick and as Mom, I have been heartbroken for him... heartache by proxy. Aiden has had a high fever for going on 4 days and even ended up at the ER on Sunday. Doctors worried about Scarlet Fever. Luckily, he is with people who love him and we have made it through the worst part. My pediatrician is wonderful and I vasilate between wanting to keep her and move to someone closer. She is at University of Utah main campus. The parking and the long drive are my biggest deterant now we live in Clearfield.
But when I call her, she will say something like she said on Sunday, "Get here ASAP. No need to register at the ER. Just call my cell when you get to the parking lot and I will have a shot of Ibuprofen for him and have a room ready for testing." And when I step out to use the restroom, she is snuggling him (and he loves her...) and I come back her rocking him gently and singing (badly) a lullaby that I am not familiar with. Something about the birds in the sky will sing to the baby and the fish in the sea will rock him to sleep. It was such a tender moment. Here is a plug - Dr. Martini is the best.
Speaking of doctors... I know in my heart that Dr. Stewart Adams will go to heaven. Don't know Dr. Adams? You should. He should be in your list of heroes. Short of making a shrine, to the man, I almost worship him.
Dr. Adams discovered ibuprofen. And my son is made a giggling, happy, loud kid because of him.
I was lucky enough last weekend to spend Thursday through Sunday with my little man. Geez, I love that kid. This weekend I plan on canning pickles for the first time. Oi. Stay tuned for the near-certain disaster.
No comments:
Post a Comment