Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Small Child

My baby child is growing up.  I still think of him as a baby.  It is true.  But today was a big, big step toward changing my perception of him.  Aiden refused - REFUSED - to go into his high chair.  I figured he wasn't quite ready for breakfast, so I put him down.  (Side note... I don't give into tantrums.  EVER.  This was not a tantrum.  This was an "I don't want to.  Please don't make me."  I just felt like he was asserting his choice, so... I let him choose not to eat.)  So, Aiden then climbed onto a big dining chair and sat politely at the table.  He looked at me with his gorgeous baby blues and said, "Yogurt, please."  (Okay, actually he said, "NNga, nnnns."  But I knew what he meant.)

So.  Aiden has outgrown his highchair.  Sad for Mom.  But also much fun because now he gets to be a big boy.  Big boy bed, big boy chair, is it wrong that I am really happy he is not potty trained?  That would just be too grown up for Mommy.

I know that it is not a high chair picture, but check out these honkin' feet!  These are his new(er) church shoes.  6 1/2!  The kid is still in 12 month pants!!!  

His new chair and his Mickey coloring book.  So big.

No comments:

Post a Comment