Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Eggs.

First off, if you haven't seen the egg decorating shenanigans from last year, check out this post.  Hilarious.  

Yesterday's 12 Days of Easter finally said we could decorate Easter Eggs.  (actually, I work from home on Thursdays and I planned it that way...  )

I tried a new technique that my dear sister, Teresa, told me about.  It is tie-dying eggs with silk ties.  They turned out gorgeous.  I wish I had found more ties.  Maybe a DI hunt this weekend.  They turned out amazing.  

Check it out here: Silk Tie Easter Eggs

They turned out gorgeous.  Especially the red ones.  I will definitely do this next year.  


Then, onto the fun.  Before getting Mister ready, I cooked the eggs and wrote on them with a white crayon so they would be a big surprise when they came out of the colored water.

At first, he didn't want to wear his oilcloth apron (see below), but it was DARLING (thanks, Aunt Jodi) and necessary.  He was used to it soon enough...



I love this picture.  Just his cute little bum and the apron.


I let Mister take out eggs, put them in other colors, and just generally have an amazing time doing whatever he wanted.  He was actually very gentle and we only had one fatality, but that was Mom's fault.  

We used Neon food coloring this year and it makes ALL the difference in color.  



Notice that there are a lot of brown eggs?  Because they were dipped and redipped in all sorts of color combinations.  He LOVED it!!

The Surprise part of the egg!




When we were all done, he sat back, exhausted.  This was the shot as he was sitting back against the wall.  He said, "Whoa." 

I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment