Saturday, March 3, 2012

Adios, trusty steed...

Today I said goodbye to a good friend.  Okay, not exactly a friend, but my most trusted ride ever.  I sold my car today.  It was so bittersweet.  I love that SUV.  It was the first car that I bought on my own and really enjoyed.  I went everywhere in it and it treated me nicely.

But all good things must come to an end.  About a month ago, I made a decision that I knew would be a tough one... I was going to get out of debt--- and fast.  I had nothing earth-shattering in my life happening, but suddenly I felt the need to do it and do it NOW.  So, I made all the necessary changes in life except - I still had a loan on my car.

So, I sold it and bought a very old, very reliable, very cute little car and am very happy.  As I walked in the house after handing over the keys, all I could think was... wow.  I don't owe any debt to any person on this planet.  I am free financially.

Goodbye my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment