All things considered, a very good day. At about 4pm, the doctors all decided that our little man was doing great and decided to take out the ventilator and the NG tube (the tube in his nose...). We finally got it out about 4:30 and Mom was holding him by 4:35. When they disconnected everything, all his vital signs stabilized amazingly well and he was wide awake for nearly 5 hours. I was so happy.
Other than that, nothing much has happened with him this evening. Shiree and Jessica (cousins) came to visit after packing much of my house - getting ready to move. They each got to hold him for a long time and snuggle.
It is about 11pm now and tonight will be the last night I will have a real chance to get great sleep because tomorrow we will be transferred out of PICU. I have a sleep room at the hospital tonight and will take full advantage. I feel like I can leave him if I know I am just down the hall a bit. Sorry it is so short, but at least the pictures look great...
No comments:
Post a Comment