
We had a really great night. Okay, the bed isn't that comfortable, but I was tired enough, I didn't really care. Aiden slept through the night and had to be woken up to eat his pedialyte. He is talking and smiling this morning really well. He still has had nothing for pain except some Tylenol.
Anyway, the surgery team just did rounds and we have a new plan - today they will remove the catheter and stop the TPN because he is doing so well with eating. He will eat regular formula and have IV fluids to supplement. The new attending doctor also is going to adjust his antibiotic so that his dosing will be finished tonight!!!! YAY!! They will want to keep him at least until tomorrow afternoon for observation. So there is a really great chance that we might be going home tomorrow because he is doing amazingly well.
Swelling and pain going down - appetite and awake time going up. I will include a picture - they have a cute mobile that is attached to his bed and last night, he watched it turn for almost 2 hours. He hasn't cried and is doing really well. The staff here will miss him and I will miss the staff and other parents - but not enough to stay.
For those who don't know, Aiden and I will not be going home to our regular house in North Salt Lake. We are going to be moving in with Uncle Chris for a little while. It will be a transition time for certain, but we have done it before and it will be great. We have lots of support from people - family and friends. Uncle Chris has very graciously moved us into his master suite at his home so we can have the attached bathroom and a very large room that will fit both of us nicely. Shiree and Jessica have spent the last 3 days packing my house to get us ready for the transition. I will never be able to repay all of those who have just taken our needs to heart. I appreciate everything everyone has done. My heart is so full.
No comments:
Post a Comment