I love General Conference. I refer to it as "get out of jail free week." It means I don't have to get ready for early church and I have a perfectly valid excuse to spend two days in pajamas and not put on makeup. But this time, conference was a little different.
My niece, Amanda, Shiree, and I scrapbooked all day on Saturday. My sister Teresa and Laura came during the afternoon session. Amanda is a scrapbooking maniac. I love her ideas and especially loved spending time with her, my nephew, Michael, and her DARLING, darling toddler, Gracie. Amanda has the cutest personality and I loved spending the day with my family. Michael was the cutest doting husband cutting up fruit and making cookies for the ladies - and taking Gracie when she was a little too interested in playing with sleeping baby Aiden.
Sunday's conference sessions were so powerful. Every session is a boost to the spirituality and by Sunday afternoon, my resolve was strong once again to be as strong as possible and raise my son in the gospel. Elder Holland's talk was one of the most powerful ones I can ever remember listening to during conference. It filled my home with such a powerful spirit.
No comments:
Post a Comment