Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Love Being a Mom

I little under a year ago, I went to the doctor to have in vitro done. At that time, I was a working professional at the peak of my career. The last year has been full of financial surprises...not for the better, illnesses for both Mom and baby, and the happiest little Nonkey in the world. Now, I have changed careers due to the economy and things are much different in my world. I wouldn't go back where I was for the world.

Some say that being a mom is full of the mundane chores - piles of laundry, dinner to cook, bottles to sanitize, more laundry (before Aiden, I never had to pre-treat any piece of clothing), put baby to bed, and start my second job about 9pm at night from home while the baby sleeps. This picture is a typical afternoon - baby, dog, laundry, (and the smell of chili in the crockpot).


Today I became a superhero for a company - I saved the company. No, really. Saved it. It felt great to flex my professional muscles again. Then I came home and Aiden was asleep in his cousin's arms. As I took him, he woke up long enough to make eye contact with me, grin, and fall back asleep.

Being a mom is better than being a superhero. Anyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment