I am so thankful. This is my week to tell everyone in my life that I am thankful for them. For those who I love, for those I may not love. But all the people and experiences in my life have made me who I am and put me in the place that I am.
Here is a very short and very random list of things I am grateful for (the big list will be on Thanksgiving Day):
*I am thankful that my son doesn't smile easily. I am thankful that I have to work hard to get that reward.
*I am thankful for antibiotics. My sinus infection(s), kidney infection, and pneumonia have made that one on the top of my list.
*I am thankful for the History Channel and the great documentaries that keep me sane.
*I am thankful for my family's great skills at cooking. I am the very large recipient of that gift.
*I am thankful for four-wheel drive.
*I am thankful for being able to live in Utah where I don't have to be the minority because of my beliefs.
*I am thankful for Willow Tree Angels and the way they can portray how I feel.
*I am thankful for the new car seats that click into a base. Curse the old "pull the seatbelt as far as it will go, then try to hold it with your teeth while you try and wrap it around a squirming 6-month old...DANG! It rolled back. Try again... and again..."
*I am thankful for the baby wipes someone gave me from Nordstrom. Why they bought them, I don't know, but they smell like peonies.
So, I cried this morning for a long time.
In the shower.
Curling my hair.
Eating breakfast.
Driving to work.
I am so happy. I am really happy. The crying is for my sheer happiness. I have never been more happy in my life.
I love my son... and my son kinda likes me back, I think.....
I hope....
No comments:
Post a Comment