
This morning, I received a letter from my nephew who is on an LDS mission in Brazil. He is a gem. I love him dearly. It was in response to my letter to him in November. It is Braydon and he is so good to write.
HOWEVER!! He wrote an amazing letter that included his testimony... in Portuguese. I don't know Portuguese. YIKES!!! Good thing I know a guy who does. I will have to sit down and work it out. The funny thing is, I never pictured Braydon as a super religious missionary, but in reading his letters, he is amazingly spiritual and I am SO proud of him!!
See his website at: http://www.missionsite.net/elderderu/main
More from the letter were the following lines (and anyone knowing Braydon will not be surprised):
-My spirits are high and the ship is in ship shape
-And by the way, the Zulu uprising is over... over!!
-I am in a new area where there is a McDonalds and a Pizza Hut. Closer to Christmas and I am hitting those babies up... ha ha. I'm really craving a Big Mac ha ha.
He also drew this picture...
I love it. So funny. In case you can't see it, the caption is "Elder Braydon Deru. The "Brotha Snowman".
And the following picture was included with the caption "Shouldn't I cook this first?"
No comments:
Post a Comment