My latest domestic endeavor. And it is yumm-o.This is the first year I have baked or done anything home made for Christmas. This year, I am stretching my domestic muscles and, surprisingly, it doesn't hurt as much as I thought.
For Thanksgiving, I (along with helpers) made an entire dinner from scratch. Turkey, pies, everything.
For my family this year I am doing homemade apple butter (along with the annual donation to the Christmas Box House).
But I don't do those things. At least I didn't do those things. Now, I realize that when I have someone to do them for, I REALLY like it. I think I like being a mom that can be professional when the time comes, but domestic when I want to be. Happy medium.
The balance that I have is this: Today I went to see a patient. She had a massive surgery right before Christmas. Gross, cool wounds, lots of health issues. I love it. I love taking care of people. I love being in the healthcare field. I love knowing what I know.
Then I came home and started the cooking process and turned off the "business brain". I snuggled my son to sleep. I started some laundry. I snuggled Aiden BACK to sleep. And I love this just as much. No, I love this more.
Now the house smells like apples. I love that, too!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment