Friday, December 11, 2009

I miss...

Tonight I am tired. Happy, but tired. I am tired of shopping, of crowds, of "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree". I am finished with the shopping for this year.

When I am tired, I am melancholy. And tonight I miss many things.

I miss the first Christmas concert of the year at St. Josephs in Ogden. I miss playing for the Christmas oratorio that Weber State gets to play. This year they played The Magnificat by Bach. And I could not go.

I miss reading The Other Wiseman - or I should say I miss listening to my mother read it to us while we sat by the Christmas tree.

I miss doing 12 Days of Christmas to the Dawsons in our old neighborhood. They knew we were doing it... we knew that they knew. But I loved that they let us do it anyway and didn't try to catch us in the act.

But then I also think that I wouldn't trade this year for the world. I love the excitement of giving Christmas joy to my son and my brother this year. I love that I can take care of things and not feel rushed or pitied. I love Christmas this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment