Saturday, January 16, 2010

Escape

We gave it the good ol' college try.  In our appointment with Dr. Martini (the pediatrician), she said it was time to move Aiden into his own bed.  I thought it would be a good idea to do it while Uncle Chris is in Virginia for a long weekend.  Saturday at 6pm, I finally gave in.  I tried.  I really did.

Friday was awful.  Today was worse.  Aiden just cries in his crib for hour after hour after hour until he throws up.  Then he will cry more and eventually fall asleep for 20 minutes MAX!  So, if I pick him up and sing, he will go to sleep within 3 minutes with no sounds except the traumatic hiccuping from his hours of screaming.  And with each hiccup, I feel more and more guilty.


So, we will continue to co-sleep and I will feel better about life.  I feel if I let him scream for hours on end, I will put him in therapy.  I feel if I let him co-sleep, I will put him in therapy.  Since I can't win, I will make his life (and mine) more bearable.  


Update:  it is now 8:30pm and Aiden has been solidly sleeping for over 2 hours.  All because Mom took pity and snuggled her baby boy.


His morning nap - finally falling asleep around 12:15.  Usually asleep by 9am.  
It looks like he is trying to escape.  Poor kid.



Trying to escape...

No comments:

Post a Comment