Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Funny Conversation

I had a funny conversation with a friend via email last night.  He has been a long time friend and is one of the only people in my world that can tell me what I need to hear without me getting defensive.  Here is the conversation - edited for space....

Him:  I read your blog.  All of a sudden you have will power and are all put together?  Whatever!  I bet your car is still a mess and you put on your mascara on the way to work.

Me:  Of course not!  I wait until I am in the parking lot at work to put on mascara!  And, yes, my car is a mess.  Thank you very much.  That was never one of my resolutions, you judgmental jerk.  :)

Him:  Tsk.  Tsk.  What about #4 (or maybe #5) when you said you wanted to be nicer and love and forgive.  That was crap.

Me:  That was specifically for my family.  You don't count.  I am trying hard.  Really hard.  Why won't you give me credit for the things I have done instead of bringing me down, man!

Him:  You are right.  All kidding aside, you have worked hard and I see a big change in you over the last year.  I am proud of you.  You are becoming a new you - version 2.0 Becki.  No, wait.  That isn't quite right. You don't break down nearly as often, you are getting less and less glitchy.  You are not upgrading.  You are changing from a PC to a Mac.  Good girl.  'Bout time.


Thanks, my friend.  You keep me sane.  Too bad you are 2300 miles away.  And old.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment