Can you believe it? Since my little man went into the hospital for hernia and appendix issues, I have aired my dirty laundry 200 times. I never thought I would enjoy blogging, but I should have realized that I love journaling. I love taking pictures. Why not blogging?
My baby is 10 months old today as well. How did the time fly so quickly? My heart aches for the time gone by, but it is overjoyed for the little life that I have had the privilege to share. He learns everyday.
Today he will crawl.
He was so close yesterday. On hands and knees, rocking back and forth. But today is the day. I can feel it. This means that our prolonged bubble of non-mobility will end. You see, a very many different factors have combined to possibly make Mister so he didn't want to crawl: scar tissue in abdomen from two surgeries (hernia repair and appendectomy), tight neck muscles from tortuculus, boo-boos on his....well, let's just say....scar tissue from his latest surgery, and - I think he just plain didn't want to crawl. He could have a long time ago. He had the skills. We just had to do things on his schedule.
I see the foreboding of things to come (doing things on his terms and his schedule) - walking later, potty training at 4, and on... and on.
The thing is... it doesn't bother me. I am totally okay with him growing and learning at his own pace. I will do my part. I will teach and I will guide, but I would prefer not to force when he is not ready.
Someone (okay, my pediatrician) disagrees with me co-sleeping with Mister. I am of the opinion that he will not need me forever. He will not want me around forever. I am going to take advantage of waking up in the night, looking down at my sometimes sleeping baby who only falls asleep when I am cuddling him with his hand on my face, and enjoy every moment.
Even the tough ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment