Monday, April 19, 2010

What a Weekend

Babies are amazing.  Aiden is 95% himself after a very long, very painful surgery.  He is still on his anti-inflammatory medication, but is no longer needing pain medication every 2 hours.  He is smiling, laughing, and totally himself.  We have had lots of great support during this weekend.  Kari and her family have been down to visit every day and Michael and Amanda brought the most precious little blanket and funniest card. Who knew that Junk, Funk, Hunk, Punk, and Unk (short for Uncle) could all be used in one card about genitalia surgery?  Darling.

And I found that I can predict what Aid-o will be like as a sick 8-year old home from school:

What is cooler than kicking back on Mom's bed watching your favorite show?  The show may change, but I think an 8-year old will do this, no?


He will not put his legs down, even now.  Do you blame him?


Swollen and sick.  You can see it in those eyes.  

Sunday, we were able to take a bath for the first time since the surgery.  Aiden loves bathing, so it has been hard.  Since I have a large, deep jetted tub, it is really hard to bathe him without hurting my back, so I cleaned out the sink, Cloroxed it well, and plopped baby in with bubbles.  He  LOVED it!!!






We have truly been blessed that Aiden did so well during and after surgery and that things were not as in-depth as we had originally thought.  I also am so grateful for the great doctors, nurses, and professionals who have made this deformity something that is just a little blurb in his life.  

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment