No church schedule is great with a one-year-old. All of them screw up a nap at one point or another. But there are some benefits.
There comes a point that Aiden just gets worked up. So much so, that he can not get out of his crankiness without a total change of scenery. It doesn't happen very often... maybe once every six weeks or so. Well, this morning was one of those mornings. So, I popped him in the car and we drove at about 7am. I tried to think of a Sunday activity we could do and still make it back to church. Then I remembered that this weekend, all the State and Federal parks were free admission, so we headed to a place I had never been - Promontory Point. When we hit North Ogden, Aiden finally fell asleep (after waking up at 4am...) and I put in my Ipod and we drove and drove and drove until we got the park. We made it home in time for church, but a fun, free, tantrum-free morning was needed so much. I am glad we were able to do this today.
Here comes the ol' 119
Aiden loved the train and the very, very loud whistle
Love this picture. Love this baby.
It was hot and dusty, but he LOVED it. He was so happy to climb on the trains, crawl in the rocks, and pulling the whistle on the train.
Because there was no one else there, the conductor let Aiden pull the whistle and ring the bell. What a treasured memory for Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment