One year ago today.
One year ago, I feared that I would lose my Aiden - he was only three small weeks old and was not even six pounds. We still had the tenuous relationship that all new parents have - I loved him more than I could imagine, but I didn't really know him yet. He went to the hospital on July 19th with an inguinal hernia that required emergency surgery. The next day, he was not doing well. I was blessed to have good doctors who realized quickly that the hernia repair was not all that was going on in his little fragile body. When they re-entered that little body, they found so much infection that they were surprised he was alive. His appendix had burst - when? They didn't know. Was it related to the hernia? Did it happen days before? They had no way of knowing.
I think of all the miraculous things that have happened to our little family during this year. One year ago, my family was moving me out of my too-small, too-scary apartment while I was at the hospital. Other family members were at the camping trip that was to be Aiden's first vacation. Since last year, we have had surgeries, swine flu (or Pig Pox as Uncle Chris calls it), RSV, rashes, vomiting, and bangs and bruises. But, what a year! I have not looked back once since my little man was brought into this world. I didn't end up working the job I thought I would work - living in the place I thought I would live - but I didn't know that I would sacrifice anything to spend just one more minute and have one more kiss with my little angel.
My family has come to love little man and understand why God chose this time and this family to send one of his most precious spirits. Here's to another great year with sweet Aiden.
Then...
Now...
No comments:
Post a Comment