Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thanks

There is a friend who knows me.  Really knows me.  Actually, I have many friends who know me well.  Some of those friends also happen to have been born into my very own family.  While some would call them relatives, they are much more than that.  They are truly my friends.

But this one friend.  He is not family.  Just a friend.  Not a sweetheart.  Just a friend.  And he can read my moods just from an innocent non-informative email.  And he knows he can call me on it and ask any question about any problem.  Any time.

I am so grateful for this friend who can tell me what I need to hear.  Sometimes it is a reprimand, sometimes it is soft words to help soothe a breaking heart, sometimes it is something so funny that I can't be down.  I am grateful for his insight because most likely, no matter what the problem is, he has not been there and does not understand and he knows it.  And he doesn't try to make me feel better or worse, just listens and gives a well-thought opinion.

I am grateful that today he decided to tell me that I was worth it... whatever it is.  Not a romantic way... in the way that I am worth something and, more importantly, I am worth something to someone.  He wants me around and to stay close to him as a friend.

And while I am still lonely and still overwhelmed and still feel unloved at times, it is enough.

Thank you, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment