Being a Mom means:
- Watching my baby sleep and feeling jealous that I can't play with him when he sleeps
- Triaging my finances. Goldfish crackers now come before my socks.
- Filtering my mouth, my thoughts and my actions because my little monkey copies me.
- Realizing that spirituality is more important than independence. And wanting my son to feel the same way.
- Understanding Moms in the grocery store that look haggard and unkempt... because their child looks about the same age as mine.
- Walking the halls during Relief Society and realizing that I haven't made it through a single church meeting since he was born.
- Appreciating the little things like 2 minutes to paint my toenails in peace.
- Singing Primary songs and attempting to remember words I have not sung in over 20 years.
- Having lopsided conversations that consist of "Yayyyy!!", "Baba", "MaMa" and "MMMMmmmmm"
- Loving every minute of being a Mom.
I know I have said it before, but I was told that when you have children you think twice - one for yourself, one for your child. I disagree. You only think once. Once for your child. You stop thinking about yourself entirely. And I realize that being a parent makes a person less selfish. It is the great humbler.
My name is Becki and I am a Momaholic.
No comments:
Post a Comment