Many people have asked me about work and why I don't post on my blog about it. No, I am not unemployed, no I don't work from home. I have a job where I have to commute, wake up early, and work very hard when I am there.
The reason I don't usually post anything about work is because it is the least important thing in my life. Ok, ok. I know it is a necessary evil. But for me, it is a way to earn money so I can spend time with my little man.
Many of you know that this view is quite a departure for me. Before I had my son, I was a workaholic. I loved working. The corporate world was where I wanted to spend my time. I worked hard. And I was very good at what I did. Now, my focus has just changed a bit.
So, here are the details...
I work as a Director for a Home Health agency in Salt Lake City. I work full time - Monday to Friday 7am - 2pm. I like the people I work with and they say they like me. They might be liars. You will have to ask them.
The bathroom in my office is a dungeon so I try not to need to use it the whole day. I have an assistant that talks a lot, but is really fun.
Yesterday, the owner went fishing during work. And loves it when I have to bring Aiden to work with me.
I love that the mindset is that we all work to live - not live to work.
Caffeine update: Going on almost a week with no caffeine. It is almost as if I am back to normal, but mornings are still hard for me. FYI - I have not replaced my Diet Pepsi with other soda. I am just doing water. I feel so much better. And the cravings have stopped.
Caffeine update: Going on almost a week with no caffeine. It is almost as if I am back to normal, but mornings are still hard for me. FYI - I have not replaced my Diet Pepsi with other soda. I am just doing water. I feel so much better. And the cravings have stopped.
No comments:
Post a Comment