Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sadness

Tonight, I received a call that made me a little sad.  The fertility clinic at the University of Utah called to ask if I was interested in going through in vitro again any time soon.  I was a little confused because I had never heard of a fertility clinic marketing to the past clients.  They explained that they were calling because my "donor" was about to expire and they always want to give the chance for another try.

I know that there is no way I can have another child.  Physically, I was told never to have another child.  So I said no.

N...O...

It was so final.   I know that it is not a possibility.  I know that more than one child is not in the cards.

But I love the one I have.  I can not possibly imagine my life as anything more or less that exactly what it is right now... with a little Monkey who I love so, so much.

So, even though it is a twinge of sadness, I could not be happier than I am at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment