Wednesday, December 8, 2010

18 Days... Santa!!!

To all the faux Santas around the world who sit day after long day with children coughing, sneezing, gross, hungry, tired, and fussy on their laps, worn out, working so hard to be jolly:  bless you.  Bless you all.

Especially the one who had the "privilege" of letting my son sit on your lap last night.  I know he kicked the crap out of your leg during the picture.  I know it was 6:30 and you were probably hungry.  I know that it was hot in the mall.  I saw you trying to itch your neck slyly because of the crappy cheap suit.  I know that you probably need to drink heavily to counter the stuff you deal with every day.    I don't blame you.  But we love you.  We really do.

Thank you for having a real beard, a real button-like nose, and a belly full of jelly.  You were amazingly patient.  Especially with the kid that screamed and the parents that thought it was funny.  You are my hero.

The little "elf" that was helping Santa kept insisting that "Dad" get in the picture.  Uncle Chris was with us and rather than make her feel bad, Chris graciously stepped into the picture even though he didn't want to.  Thanks, Uncle Chris.

This is a bad copy since I had to take a picture of the picture.  I will scan in a real copy soon.  Promise.  Since Aiden would not sit on Santa's lap, we didn't fight it.  We turned it into a family photo opp.   

No comments:

Post a Comment