Friday, February 18, 2011

Orphan Child

I would like to start by saying:  I don't want motivational statements on my Halls Cough Drops.  "Seize the Day"?  I am going to seize your throat and choke you.  It would be okay if it would say "Bless your heart.  Eat the ice cream.  I know it is 7 points on Weight Watchers, but, sweetie, you are sick.  It is okay.  Eat it.  You will feel better."  Who thought of that crappy idea anyway?  Motivational cough drops... pleeeease.

My child probably feels like he is an orphan child.  I have been so sick for over a week with pneumonia with no sign of it letting up.  We spend a lot of time snuggling and watching Thomas, Mickey Mouse, Cars, and Madagascar.  I haven't been able to sing or read to my son in over a week because I have no voice.  I don't mean that I am hoarse or groggy, but I have no voice.

Mister whispers to me now.  Even when he gets grumpy, he whispers to me.

But it is not all me.  He has a no-pants thing lately.  And a "let me mess up my hair even though my Mom just fixed it way cute.." thing.

See the evidence below.  Keep in mind that only 5 minutes prior to this picture, he had pants, shoes, and cute hair.  Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment