Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day for Real

Drat being an adult.  I really, really wanted to party with my Valentine all day.  Pfftt, I say, to work.

Well, so I had to work.  And I am sick.  Why should it not just be a huge fun day for Mister?

We made Valentine bags for Smedleys - he was going to be there all day and having fun for Valentines! I made Aiden a fun day of food...
Pink pancakes with strawberry syrup at the far left.  Turkey and cheese on the upper right.  Blushed pears in the container on the right.  PB&J sandwiches at the bottom.    Also, there was pink yogurt, pink pudding, and jello shaped hearts.  It was a brilliant mommy moment.

Packaged up with love notes and all.

Too bad he didn't want to eat all day.  Ah, well.  It was more for me than for him.

After work, I decided to try a fun night out.  We went for Mexican food and neither of us ate much, but back home and we watched Mickey Mouse Valentine Adventure.  Then finished off the day with love songs and bedtime.

I have a tradition with Aiden to collect sock monkeys at every important occasion.  So far, sock monkeys have been given at birthdays, surgeries, baby shower, and Christmas.  
Now he has Valentine Monkey.  Cute, eh?

Great day although we have sickness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment