Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Our Grand Adventure Day 1

We decided because of some circumstances beyond our control - to go camping this weekend.  Uncle Chris bought a really swell motorhome that has everything one could ever desire in a camping vehicle.  Heat, bathtub, air conditioning, potty, lots of beds, fridge... it was awesome.  We packed up and headed out to Grand Teton National Park.  First off, let me preface that driving 6 1/2 hours with a 2 year old was a little intimidating.  Let me also tell you that he was PERFECT!  He was happy, he didn't throw a fit.  6/12 hours of bliss from a toddler.

Be forewarned, there are lots of pictures.  That is because I consider this to be one of the most beautiful places on the earth and I haven't been there for over 10 years.  My heart and soul were refilled with peace when we left.

Aiden did this...

or this through the whole ride.  It was awesome.  He was such a trooper.

One of the famed Jackson Hole arches.

We made it to Jackson Lake! 

We sat at the beach for a long time.  Aiden and I threw rocks into the lake and I enjoyed the memories of my own childhood.






We went to Jackson Lake Lodge for the most delicious dinner (I had the portabello sandwich and Aiden had the best mac and cheese I have ever tasted.) followed by huckleberry ice cream!

In my humble opinion, the most beautiful spot in the whole world.  Right here.  On the deck of Jackson Lake Lodge.


The God Rays came out for only a minute but it was breathtaking


After dinner, we came back to the campground and attempted a hike.  Fully swathed in bug repellent, we still only lasted about 10 minutes because the mosquitoes were so thick!

We are really roughing it!Yes, he is watching Thomas.

The motorhome was fantastic and we bathed little monkey and headed to bed.  Big day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment