Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Geese and bubbles

Aiden and I spent most of the afternoon outside in the sunshine.  We went into the backyard and blew bubbles.  He REFUSES to crawl after them.  He refuses to crawl.  He has the skills, he probably could do it, no problem. He just doesn't want to and no amount of cajoling will make that happen.  But the air was crisp and the sun was marvelous.
He loves outside.
I love the constant drool!


Oh, those baby blues!  Soooo gorgeous.

Charlee would be proud of this shot... a bubble that just would NOT pop!


After bubbles, we headed to the Hobbs Creek Trail again with Uncle Chris.  Chris runs the 4 mile trail, we walk.  Slowly.  But, hey, we get in 2 1/4 miles almost every day.  There was a point when the air was still and the trail was empty except for Aiden and me.  We sat down on a bench and it was so... quiet.  Geese would occasionally fly overhead and the breeze would blow the cattails at times, but very quiet.  I realized how very little of this absolute quiet I get in life.  In the mornings at work and on the walk.  And we watched the sun go down.

Sunset on the trail.




Then we enjoyed tacos.  I gave up fast food tacos for Lent.  No, I didn't make it until Easter.  
Good thing I am not Catholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment