Saturday, March 13, 2010

Thank the Lord

Today, we had a very good day.  Busy and wet, but very good.  Aiden and I had a very good vacation in Logan.  It was relaxing and enough to restart our souls.  We went right to our Family Home Evening (the big extended family...) to the Clearfield Aquatic Center.  It was great to have little mister splashing and loving the water.  It is cold water, so we didn't stay in very long, but I loved being with my brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, and my son.  I realized how much I love all of them.

And as I was sitting enjoying their company, my mind went to the Parrishes (see a posting below) and I was thinking... our family has had hits of really hard times.  More than most families have to go through.  We have had our profound hits and we have had our profound joys.  Today was a profound joy.  But I got to thinking that  when the Lord sees fit to send us those hard times, we go through it.  There is no way around or above it.  Just through.  And others can't empathize.  They try to send love and help as they can and when it is their turn for the adversity, we try to do the same.

When the life-altering, shattering, mind-numbing experiences happen, we do our best.  That's all that can be expected of us.  But when it is our friends, family, and/or neighbors, we must also do our best to let them know we love them.  And when we can't tell them face to face, we can pray and hope the Lord sees fit to bless them.

And then thank the Lord that today was not the day we fought dark times.  Because we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment