Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Living Alone

I am learning to live alone again.  I guess alone is not the right word since I am living with my beautiful boy and the dog.  But alone, nonetheless.

I am remembering quickly what makes it ok to be alone.  I don't mind it, but it can be easy to get into a rut.

I have learned that having a schedule is important.  Ours goes like this:

2:00ish - pick up Mister from Kari's house.
2:30pm - lay down with Mister for a nap
4pm - play with Mister and put in a load of laundry
5pm - take Mister for a walk.  Change laundry
6pm - eat my dinner and clean it up
6:30pm - play with Mister.  Usually this is our book time.
7:30pm - bathtime.  This is imperative.  If Mister doesn't get a bath, he does not sleep well and Mom feels like a bad mom.
8:00pm - the remainder of the 5 B's (we have already done the first - bath...)  Then comes bottle, brush, books, bed.  We read a lot of stories and it helps to slowly lower my voice until we read Nigel the Sneaky Sheep in a whisper.  Luckily, Mister loves to bathe, brush his teeth, and read books.
9pm - Change laundry, iron, clean dishes, sweep, scrub, wash, dust... anything that needs to be done around the house...  This is my time.  Blog.
11pm - bedtime for Mom.

The other part of living alone that is important is to take pride in the home.  I know that no one ever really comes to see my home, but I love to take pride in my home.  More and more now that I have a little Mister.

I have learned that I have to learn to love being by myself.  I used to see movies alone, eat out alone, and other things that usually are done with more than one person.  I loved it.

I love being alone, but it will take some getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment