Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Friend

One of my best friends came by tonight.  He is awesome.  He is one of the most interesting people I know.  He used to be Catholic... now is Agnostic, but does not push it.  He is the least mechanical man I know.  He drinks saki and loves sushi.  He loves philosophy and Bach.  More than anything... he is an artiste.  The ponytail is getting longer every time I see him.

Tonight we talked about contemporary cello music (okay... not my favorite, but he is into it...) and graduate school (for him, not for me...).  Then we sat in silence watching My Name is Earl and drinking Diet Pepsi while Aiden played on the floor.  It was the comfortable silence of friends who don't need to say anything and we have less and less in common, but it doesn't mean we aren't still good friends.

And no matter how bad I look, Sam will always look worse.  *sigh* I love friends like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment