Wednesday, March 3, 2010

And so...

I learned today that I am woefully out of touch with the world around me.  In preparing for an Oscar night party (to include only myself, my 8-month old son, a dog, and Uncle Chris), I realized that I had not seen any of the movies that were nominated for Best Picture.  Then I realized that I had no desire to see any of the aforementioned movies.

Furthermore, I realized that the only category I had any opinion on was Best Soundtrack - hoping that Sherlock Holmes wins.  But that is because I thought the music was cool and that Hans Zimmer is a stud muffin with a piano.  The man is so full of talent.

Then I realized that the movie buff in me has traded those fun times to watch such riveting adventures as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Thomas the Tank Engine and Scamper the Penguin.  And I know the theme songs.  And I sing along with them.  And I have them running through my head all day.  And I don't mind because they bring joy to my son.

Hans Zimmer would be ashamed.  If he knew who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment