Thursday, March 4, 2010

Slightly disturbing

Short post.  Just funny.

I am listening to my Showtunes playlist on Pandora which I have set to rotate Soundheim, Disney, Rogers and Hammerstein, and Gershwin.

Here are the events as they unfolded.  Two of my favorite musicals played back to back.  Sweeney Todd and Sound of Music.  Very different -  as evidenced by the end of one song and the other...

From Sweeney Todd:


Now we all deserve to die
Even you Mrs. Lovett...even I
Because the lives of the wicked should be made brief
For the rest of us death will be a relief
We all deserve to die.

And I will get him back even as he gloats
In the meantime I'll practice on dishonorable throats.



Followed by Sound of Music: 


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things



I laughed out loud in my office.  One is a serial killer planning a rash of killings and one is a helpful nanny from a convent helping children who are frightened.  Oh, the irony. 

No comments:

Post a Comment