Friday, March 5, 2010

First Tooth

I knew why Aiden has been cranky for the last three weeks.  He has been teething.  Not bad.  Even teething, he is a happy kiddo.  He has been giving this smile that is all gums.


But this first brings lots of conflicting emotions with it.  The click of the tooth on his spoon still surprises me even after 2 meals today.  The click makes my heart hurt as I realize that he is getting bigger and learning and surprising me every day.

But then I know he is entering the stage when he is interactive and so much fun.  He grabs my face to give the full slobbery dripping kisses.  He grabs my necklaces and works so hard to get them to his mouth.  He giggles and mimics.  He stays still for books and loves to splash in the bath.  He loves to touch the cold condensation of the front door at Aunt Kari's house.  He loves to throw things from his high chair.  He is such a joy.

And the tooth, while still very small, is such a big deal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment